Rules and Guidelines
*Breaking cabin rules or failing to lock up and return the key may lead to being unable to use the cabin in the future or a potential fine for losses*
Outing Cabin users waive any and all liability as a result of or in connection with their use of the cabin and will defend and hold harmless Mount Holyoke College, its officers, employees, and students from and against any and all loss, claims, and damages arising out of cabin users use of the Outing Cabin.
1. Please arrive no earlier than 3pm on the first day of your reservation and leave by 12pm on the last day of your reservation. These times are flexible! Just let us know that you will need to extend them so we can manage other reservations accordingly.
2. Know that you are responsible for damage and cleaning costs that could become necessary after your visit if you fail to adhere to these rules and guidelines, as well as the instructions for the wood stove. We expect all visitors to treat the cabin property with respect. Have a wonderful time and please let us know if you have any questions!
3. You must take out everything that you bring in. This means that you must bring your own trash bag and collect all trash to take out with you.
4. You must leave the cabin clean. This includes sweeping the floor, wiping down surfaces, tidying any leftover wood, and making sure that there is no food mess (if we leave food, we invite mice!).
5. Make sure to leave the cabin locked. Please be sure to check that both doors are locked as well as any windows/window shutters/outhouse doors!
6. Key policy: You will be charged $30 if you lose the key! Instructions for the key will be sent via email. Please follow instructions for locking up.
7. You may not leave the cabin if there is still a fire or if there are still hot coals in the wood stove. This applies for leaving the cabin permanently as well as leaving for just a short period of time. (If it's too hot to touch, it's too hot to leave!)
8. Please be respectful of neighbors!
9. No smoking is permitted inside of the cabin. If you smoke, please take it outside and don't leave any cigarette butts behind.
10. If you bring a stove for cooking food, please use it outside.
11. Follow all rules and policies set forth by the MHC Office of Student Programs and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
12. Please sign the visitor log!